First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is:
Yes, yes… you have no idea of how many free pints I got with bets of the other person correctly saying my name after only one repetition. I guess that the whole name (just guessing) would be too long for a website. Thus opted for Marco Lotz.
I am a 27 year-old Electronic and Telecommunications Engineer and I’ve been working as DevOps System Engineer in eHealth, a Swiss Post startup. Here is great fun! I take care of data sensitive systems – designing and implementing data pipelines and systems architecture in a secure manner.
Before that, I had the privilege to work in Hewlett Packard Labs (HP Labs) with many of the best people in their fields, on bleeding-edge projects. People from Labs already know that I am usually involved in Graph related projects. Yes! I am fascinated by graph systems (OLAP/OLTP) and graph theory :)
Why this website?
Basically I was looking for a place to output my thoughts and discussions. Then I realised, why not a website for this?
This website is mostly a place that I want to keep in order to store my thoughts and create discussion about themes here approached.
Do you agree with my ideas? Drop me a line and let me know.
Do you not agree at all with my ideas? Also drop me a line and let me know.
Do you have a suggestion? drop me a line and let me know.
Distributed Systems, Graph Theory, Graph Systems, Embedded Systems, MapReduce, Hadoop, Pregel, YARN, Giraph, Spark.
DevOps System Engineer at eHealth/Swiss Post, Zurich.
- GraHPEr/Cytosm: Graph analytics without ETL. Empowering legacy relational databases to run graph queries.
Slides | Source code | Benchmarks | White paper
- LOOM: a large-scale management tool to control millions of devices from a mobile phone/ tablet screen.
Highlights | Presentation video | Source code
- OpenStack Monanas: Performing machine learning analytics with Spark OpenStack deployments, for anomaly detection and causality inferenceCode.
- The Machine: Working on the management aspects of HPE’s “The Machine”, the first data center-scale memory-driven architecture.
Highlight | On News
- ContainerOS: Designing the management aspects of an Operating System developed to enable security and isolation for containerized applications.
- Was a Researcher for Massive Dynamic Graphs Processing in Queen Mary – University of London. Most of the results from the research are available on my github page. In the dynamicGraph section there is also a copy of my report/dissertation about the subject and the code. One can find the report here: Report Link
- My graduation project – HadoopLung – won the first stage prize of the Big Data Challenge 2014 promoted by EMC² and UFRJ.
- Worked as an intern in Siemens Telecommunications in R&D for next generation boards. Mainly worked with AVR, Embedded Linux Developing, RS-232 and USB protocols.
- Worked as an intern in ZF, in Friedrichshafen – Germany. There, I have developed component firmware for a set of transmissions, aside from some tools for Flashing the Transmission Control Units and converting its data into several formats. Last but not the least, worked with the Transmissions Diagnosis and detection methods trough firmware.
- Former UTFPR Big Data cluster administrator. Yep, that’s right. If you had a problem with your Hadoop or Giraph or Spark Application, I was the one you should come talk to.
- Author of the HadoopLung: an extensible MapReduce application that detects Lung Nodules on CTs Images with over 91% precision.
- Was tutor of the Electromagnetism and Propagating waves and guides modules. Wrote handbooks about the subjects that were used to teach the students that came after me. Must confess that I love Electromagnetism, but for now it is better to leave this working field for the physicists ;)
I have no intention of making here a complete CV, if you want more information about my resumé , please contact me in the contacts section :)
Aside from the two topics of the website, I really enjoy doing Latin Dancing and Ballroom. I am also an inveterate traveler too, must confess.
Daft Punk, Justice and Swedish House Mafia for sure!
Asimov´s Foundation Series.
Ok, ok! Too much about myself already. If you have any question, please let me know. Visit the contact page for more information.